This watercolor mixing course will cover the basic concepts of mixing colors to help you achieve vibrant mixes and avoid muddy colors.
This course is for beginners. No prior watercolor experience is required. Having basic drawing skills will be good but not necessary.
Watch this to get an idea of what the course is about:
The paints I'm using are from the Daniel Smith Essential Introductory set with these six colors: Hansa Yellow Light, New Gamboge, Quinacridone Rose, Pyrrol Red, Phthalo Blue, French Ultramarine
Even if you're not using the same brand. You can still follow along the lessons if you use colors that look similar enough.
The lessons are as follows:
- Introduction - 1 min
- Lesson 1: Types of Watercolor - 12 min
- Lesson 2: Watercolor Brushes - 17 min
- Lesson 3: Watercolor Paper - 26 min
- Lesson 4: Create a Color Wheel - 20 min
- Lesson 5: Paint a Color Chart - 18 min
- Lesson 6: Greens, Greys & Black - 20 min
- Lesson 7: How to Choose Colors - 15 min
- Lesson 8: Painting Demo - 32 min