This 131-min course covers urban sketching using black and white tools and art supplies. You'll learn the basics of creating value/tones to create beautiful pen and ink with monotone washes with ink and graphite. The goal is to help you create more impactful black and white sketches.
This class is suitable for beginners with some knowledge of drawing. The concepts taught will be beneficial to beginners before they start to learn colour mixing.
Reference photos and scans are provided.
- Introduction (1 min)
- Examples of value sketches (9 min)
- Tools and supplies (17 min)
- Creating a value scale (23 min)
- Thinking in black and white (23 min)
- What is Urban Sketching (4 min)
- Tutorial part 1/3: Drawing (13 min)
- Tutorial part 2/3: Adding value (20 min)
- Tutorial part 3/3: Adding details (14 min)
- End (1 min)
- Bonus lesson (6min)
It will be beneficial, although not necessary, to take the class called "Drawing on Location: An Urban Sketching Course" before you take this class.